Job Role- Payment Operations Controller
About the Role:
Fintech is exponentially growing and Juspay is at the center of this innovation as a B2B fintech partner for most top online brands in India. The payment operations controllers in Juspay have visibility into ~$5B worth transactions per month and will be responsible for optimizing the payment conversion funnels and Bank/PG processing charges for these
brands to the order of lakhs/crores every month. It is an art to find the right combination payment options and payment gateways to get the optimal outcome as per the use case.
Using data analytics, AI/ML to identify patterns and implementing them with rules in our Payments optimizer product & providing reports to the merchant on the savings accomplished will be a part of this role.
Striving for Excellence in Payment Operations Control
● Can Finance professionals bring their auditing skills to bring large scale optimization in Fintech?
● Can they learn the Data Science skills needed and align with the future trend?
● Can they adapt to the fast paced digital world and advanced needs of the top brands?
Yes, we think they are going to compliment the product and engineering teams of the emerging startup world. JUSPAY offers a unique opportunity to upskill themselves in data analytics and add value to the top online brands. They can make a significant difference in increasing the
revenue and reducing the cost in a big way considering the billions of dollars of GMV that flow through the system.
● Own the opportunity to increase payment conversion and reduce cost for top online brands in the country
● Deliver impactful results by providing the below to the merchant partners
○ The right gateway routing and switching recommendations
○ The right order, combination and proportion of payment methods and
● Make meaningful payment insights reports that
○ Report savings and improvements done by the team on a periodic basis
○ Highlight issues in the payment ecosystem and actionable insights
● Develop and foster a deep understanding of
○ Spotting the opportunity to optimize payment conversion rates through
○ Data Analysis (Tools: Excel, SQL, R for data science)
● Collaborate & Coordinate with various stakeholders to optimize to the best
○ Internal – Data Science Analysts, Merchant Success Managers & Product
○ External – PMs, Finance Teams and Customer Success Managers of
Adjacent Possible Opportunities
● Optimise cost of infrastructure of Juspay by analysing data and providing
● Price discovery of Juspay’s new products especially in credit
● Improve Customer Experience of millions by identifying and getting the metrics
such as refund turnaround time (TAT) improved
● Extreme interest in optimization & improving efficiency
● Curiosity to learn new paradigms esp. In data science and fintech.
● Is Analytical and follows a first principles approach to problem solving.
● Getting things done – Bias towards action.
● Is Empathetic and is driven towards serving customer needs.
● Likes the startup-environment, is open and has the ability to find order in chaos.
● Can extend the abilities to product creation in the future.
● CA Inter Qualified/Qualified CMA Fresher .
● Good at Math from childhood, likes numbers and calculations.
● Exposure to business and product thinking is a nice-to-have.
Compensation & Work Info
6 months of Internship: 35k per month. The candidate can be offered a full time role subject to performance evaluation by Organization. Compensation for Full Time Role: 7-8 Lakhs per annum. ~ +3 lakhs of benefits.
Mode of Onboarding-
Plan for 4-6 weeks of onboarding at Bangalore, Juspay Office. Work from home until the office resumes fully depending on the Covid situation.
About the company
Juspay’s vision is to enable frictionless transactions for billions. The payments landscape in India, compared to the rest of the world, has been evolving at a much faster pace. It is unique in terms of being mobile first, mandating 2FA, next-gen networks like UPI, merging online-offline, being hardware-less and so on. However, these advances bring along unreliable systems & mandates to meet high-security standards which increase
friction for users. Juspay, with its zero-one products & next-gen proprietary technology, is uniquely positioned to solve the end-end payments problem in India and also expand internationally.
Juspay SDK is adopted by all top merchants, enjoys 250M installs, process 5 Million+ txns/day and is growing exponentially. We process payments for top merchants like Flipkart, Amazon, Bigbasket, MakeMyTrip, Swiggy, Airtel, Vodafone, Cred and many more. We are extremely technology and product focused and have achieved exponential growth in an organic revenue driven way. Incidentally, our tech/design innovation was recognized and we helped the Government of India and develop the BHIM app, that has set the gold standard for UPI interfaces & even got international awards for its design. We are also investing heavily in OCEN (open credit enablement network), which is the UPI equivalent for credit & recently launched the first version in GeM – Govt eMarketplace.